We are Privo, an AWS Premier Consulting partner headquartered in Woburn, MA with expertise in AWS migrations and management, managed services/help desk, and cybersecurity. Not only do we plan, build and optimize for our clients, but we also have a growing list of clients that rely on us for 24x7 monitoring and management of their AWS infrastructure. We combine deep AWS experience with a genuine joy for the work we do. Working closely with great companies to solve their most important IT challenges is what gets us out of bed in the morning. We are seeking people who are smart, charming, gritty, and anxious to learn; and we give them opportunities to learn new skills and go deeper with the ones they already have. If you are looking for a place to grow professionally, this is it.
You will be building/leading a team that is responsible for designing, modernizing, developing and implementing cloud-native applications. You will be working with cloud-native technologies such as AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker to build highly scalable applications and microservices. You will take charge of the designing and implementation of microservices as well as refactoring legacy and traditional monolithic applications into microservices architectures. As an integral member of our engineering team, we highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive the generation of new concepts to maintain our outstanding leadership position for technology and service delivery in the marketplace.
In this role, you will be:
- Responsible for assessing traditional enterprise application design and implementation along with understanding an application's readiness for cloud-native transformation.
- Help to refactor and migrate traditional applications into container workloads and microservices as applicable.
- Implement efficiencies for dev tools and align with cloud-native paradigms to drive CI/CD and Continuous Delivery.
- Build reference architectures and prototype reference implementations using microservices and containers (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Mentor other software development teams to transform their apps and services into microservices, containers, and cloud-native architectures.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of software development experience with strong Java/Jee/Spring development frameworks.
- Demonstrated implementation of microservices, containers, and cloud-native application development.
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes or Openshift and related container platform ecosystems.
- Strong understanding and experience of release engineering and continuous delivery process.
- Strong understanding of static code analysis, unit testing and test-driven development, security testing and automated test frameworks.
- Experience using Jenkins, SonarQube, GIT, Maven, Gradle.
- Strong understanding of DevOps and Continuous Delivery principles.
- Experience with two or more application servers such as JBoss, Tomcat, Weblogic or Websphere
- Strong Agile experience working in Scrum and/or Kanban models.
- Solid understanding of Amazon AWS cloud; AWS certifications are a plus.
- Experience with two or more database technologies such as Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, or MongoDB.
- Experience working in a DevOps-focused environment with an advanced understanding of DevOps principles is highly desirable.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality and consistent systems and environments for development teams.
- Ability to multi-task; work on multiple project teams and context switch often.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A ridiculously great work environment. Our top priority as a company is creating a place where people love to work. Our office is relaxed, collaborative, and fun. No bureaucracy or micromanagement here! We understand that people want to come to work to make an impact, solve interesting problems, help their teammates, grow their skills and their careers, and build something great. We give you the freedom, respect, and resources you need to do just that. On top of that, the company is growing extremely fast which is both exciting and challenging at the same time. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, you’ll love it here.
- Ability to Work Remotely. Working here allows you the flexibility of working from home (only if you want to!). We collaborate using Slack and Zoom and it works great. If you are within driving distance from Boston, we ask that you come to the office every other Thursday, where we get everyone together for a bi-weekly meeting and bring in lunch. Come in every day if you want! For remote employees, we try to get together at least quarterly, either by flying you to our office, meeting you at AWS re:Invent, or somewhere else. The hours and location are insanely flexible.
- Grow your AWS Skills. We have a steady stream of incredibly exciting and challenging AWS migration and management work, most of it referred directly from AWS. Work alongside extremely talented AWS solutions architects and learn the AWS platform inside and out. You’ll have opportunities to solve some of the juiciest technical problems you’ll ever encounter. We will pay for you to take a number of AWS certification exams and any other certifications that are relevant to your role AND we’ll award you with a $250 bonus for all successfully completed/passed exams. You will never get bored here!
- Time Off. 15 days PTO. 1 Floater (Your birthday), 9 Paid Holidays, Parental Leave, 4 Day Work Weeks (after 18 months of service)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. 100% of the individual premium paid by the company, 85% of the dependent premium paid by the company .
- 401K Match. Eligible after 6 months/1000 hours
- Company issued laptop (that doesn’t suck).
- Cell Phone Stipend.
- Employee Referral Bonus.
- HeyTaco Rewards. $5 Starbucks, Amazon, Dunkin Donuts, movie tickets, etc.
- Charitable Gift Matching.
- Quarterly Company Outings.
- Free Bose Headphones. After 90 days, when you register for an exam to obtain a certification
THE COVER LETTER IS KEY
If this sounds like your kind of place, we, of course, want to see your resume, but more importantly, we want to hear why you think you would be successful here. We’re not asking for the standard cover letter. We want your authentic voice and your personality to come through. Tell us your story. If you half-ass a cover letter or send something generic, we’re going to half-ass our consideration and send you a generic rejection letter. No offense.
We look forward to meeting you!