WHO WE ARE
We are AWS Premier Consulting partner with expertise in AWS migrations and management, managed services/help desk, and cybersecurity. Not only do we plan, build and optimize for our clients, but we also have a growing list of clients that rely on us for 24x7 monitoring and management of their AWS infrastructure. We combine deep AWS experience with a genuine joy for the work we do. Working closely with great companies to solve their most important IT challenges is what gets us out of bed in the morning. We are seeking people who are smart, charming, gritty, and anxious to learn; and we give them opportunities to learn new skills and go deeper with the ones they already have. If you are looking for a place to grow professionally, this is it.
We want you to help build our AWS DevOps Engineering team. We have a growing list of clients that rely on us for 24x7 monitoring and management of their AWS infrastructure. But that’s not on all!
We take an “engineering first” approach to AWS account management, meaning we don’t sit our hands waiting for things to break. In this position, you’ll take an active role in pushing the envelope in AWS to proactively improve a client’s infrastructure to be the best it can be.
There’s no such thing as “hands off” and we only know one speed. We have a strong emphasis on automation so a big part of this role is contributing to our automation scripts. We automate everything! Speed is key when you’re on the forefront. If you prefer a more deliberate pace, you’ll probably be a little uncomfortable with the rate of learning and the breadth of new projects/clients. However, if that sort of thing excites you, you’ll have an opportunity to be right on the cutting edge of cloud technology, growing your AWS skills faster than you could have imagined.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage in AWS engineering work for clients via tickets submitted to the service desk as assigned
- Be an AWS platform expert in the “core” infrastructure areas (VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, etc.)
- Gain familiarity with our strategic AWS services (WorkSpaces, AppStream, ECS, CodeDeploy, etc.)
- Deploy and maintain AWS infrastructure in client environments
- Contribute to our codebase with CloudFormation, Terraform, or potentially other automation and scripting languages
- Participate in an on-call rotation for emergency support issues
- Acquire and maintain all 5 of the “core” AWS certifications (Solutions Architect - Associate, Solutions Architect - Developer, SysOps Administrator - Associate, Solutions Architect - Professional, DevOps Engineer - Professional)
- Engage directly with clients via phone and video calls to offer guidance and complete tasks
- Contribute to our ever-growing knowledge base
- Dedicate roughly 65% of your time to engineering tasks
- Be a consultant and proactively solve problems for clients beyond just “closing the ticket”
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Contribute positively to our culture!
- 7+ years of IT infrastructure experience overall
- 3+ years of Linux system administration experience, particularly supporting 3-tier web applications
- Alternatively, healthy exposure to general server administration (Windows, Active Directory, Linux, DNS, etc.) is great!
- 1+ years of experience migrating and managing AWS workloads
- Experience on a service desk
- Familiarity with AWS platforms such as EC2, VPC, S3, ELB, RDS, Route53, WorkSpaces, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and more
- Fluency with modern DevOps concepts, CI/CD processes, git commands, container platforms (docker, kubernetes, ECS, etc.)
- Comfortable working with CloudFormation, Terraform, or a healthy appetite to learn!
- An obsessive need to automate. Relevant languages include: bash, python, PowerShell, AWS CLI
- Familiarity with Jupyter Notebooks is a plus
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (CSA) certification is a huge bonus
- Other-worldly communications and customer service skills
- An infectious, positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to manage your time and keep things from falling through the cracks even with multiple, simultaneous projects going on
- Not afraid to learn a few new tricks!